Television is rather a frightening business. But I get all the relaxation I want from my collection of model soldiers.
Peter Cushing

Sunday 22 April 2018

The Church of the Twice Born


Since the day you were born, your lives have not been your own. You have been used, and abused, and cast down amongst the filth by those above. You are not a person. You are a cog in the machine. You are production output. You are a target. You are nothing. Your hopes. Your dreams. Your lives. They are as dust.

But it does not have to be that way. You can rise up, on the wings of angels; rise up, born aloft by the love of the Allfather, the True Emperor. The God King who cares for you, who will cherish you and who will empower you. And when there are enough of us, we shall rise from the ashes and dirt and rust and bring vengance upon those who have despised us. Rise up, my brothers! Rise up, my sisters! Let your old lives end and be born anew into glory!


-Pater Dol, preaching in the Underhive

Since the old days I've always loved the idea of Genestealer cults. Necromunda is just the perfect excuse to make some. I've had the box of miniatures for ages as parts have been used for all my conversions over the last year, so the total cost of this little gang was £0.

In terms of painting, I wanted to capture the oily blue grey of the Harkonnen from Lynch's Dune as seen here modeled by Sting:


Creating this colour was a relatively complex process: a grey green base with a transparent blue wash; edge highlighting of sea grey and then a blue glaze over the whole before a black wash to filter everything back down to the darker end of the tonal scale.







I think the hassle was worth it, though, as the Sons of the Twice Born look pretty much exactly how I'd always imagined them.




10 comments:

  1. That is a bit of a process, but they do look very good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant! Fabulous conversions.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty impressive result, quite interesting process to achieve it, I've noted it down ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. They look excellent. Just like Harkonnens

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are rather nice mate, always love me some 'Stealer Cult.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely work, very impressive!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looking good! For the All-father!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  9. faheemjamal.blogspot.com
    We Provide Beautiful and all your Needful Contents.

    ReplyDelete