Television is rather a frightening business. But I get all the relaxation I want from my collection of model soldiers.
Peter Cushing

Sunday 25 February 2018

The Occumancer of Caliburn Fell

"The Realm of Shadows is dark and shrouded in illusion. Most adventurers are lost forever in the mists before they ever reach their goal, never mind the risks of the Faceless, the Skald or Shadowserpents. For those with the knowing of it, though, there is one they can go to for guidance. He sees all. His eyeless vision pierces shadow and flame and madness equally. He will guide your steps  - for a price. He is the Occumancer and he can be found at Caliburn Fell."




Having built the Warscryer Citadel, my thoughts turned inevitably to who would dwell within it. The idea of the vast telescope suggested a seer of some description and a rifle through the bits box turned up some interesting stuff. the only major conversion was adding some grotty texture to the cloak with liquid greenstuff; the rest of it was largely cutting up and bashing a variety of different parts.





The painting was again very simple; lots of washes and shading. This left time for some fancy trim and checks to help with the overall John Blanche palette. I painted the base with trompe l'oeil flagstones which were tinted to match the brickwork of the scenery.





I'm rather happy with this chap as he fits with the scenery and helps sell the story of the Caliburn Fell.

10 comments:

  1. Lovely painting well done. Not a proper wizard mind you where's his pointy hat with obligatory folded over top?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He kicked out of the Wizard's Union because he lost the hat.

      Delete
  2. Sweet work! He has a lot of presence, I love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Suber. I was happy with the dynamism of the pose to say he was totally made of bits.

      Delete
  3. Great figure. I really like how the orb turned out. I'm not sure I know about liquid greenstuff. Is it two part? How thick is it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, it's just in a pot. Similar thickness to one of GWs technical dry paints. It's pretty rubbish for the stated aim of gap filling but it's unbeatable for adding texture!

      Delete
  4. This is so good! I love the colour contrast between the grotty cloak and the green of the crystal ball.

    ReplyDelete