Television is rather a frightening business. But I get all the relaxation I want from my collection of model soldiers.
Peter Cushing

Monday 2 January 2017

The Wasp Factory

"Some say, Jim, that the defensive line of the Wissenland Wasps ate the entire line of scrimmage of the Shire Sasuagemakers during the 2467 Chaos Cup Playoffs; no-one knows for sure because Cabalvision deemed the footage too disturbing to broadcast."

"All we know for sure is that their offensive line, the Blitzers, all wear the 'red splash' an item of red clothing to show they successfully fouled an opposing player without getting sent off. Not for nothing, Bob, are these lads known as the Codpiece Crushers of the Chaos Cup."



I've painted up my first team from the new 2016 Bloodbowl game.






The main issue was turning two sets of 6 miniatures into 12 individual pieces. This was done with a few head swaps, some repositioning of arms and, in the case of the Thrower to Blitzer, some plasticard armour and some astonishingly 1970s footballer sideburns.





As an aside, I love that teams come with personalised markers and balls. In the case of the orcs, two inflated squig skins:


So that's a very productive start to 2017. Here's hoping I can keep it up! 

Next up is some more Middle Earth for my son and then the Human team before the start of yet another project...

Happy new Year everyone and thanks as always for helping keep up my mojo. 

2 comments:

  1. Nice bit of converting. I foresee a BB 2017 project for myself in the none to distant future.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cracking start to the year and those new miniatures look great.

    ReplyDelete