Television is rather a frightening business. But I get all the relaxation I want from my collection of model soldiers.
Peter Cushing

Monday 11 April 2016

Another One Bites The Dust

Well, with the completion of two US rifle squads, that completes all the figures needed for the WW2 project.




The two sides will obviously play very differently as they've been designed as a teaching tool rather than for balanced gaming. I'll post an update and review of the rules for Iron Cross after I've done the first play test.

So what next?

There's still the Orc warband for Dragon Rampant to be getting on with but I still haven't got the taste of those mantic orcs out of my mouth so I don't know if I can face going back that. However, I did find this sitting in a cupboard...



So that's moved to the front of the queue. While we're on the subject of fantasy, of course, there's the matter of my sons to consider. At some point, I'm going to want to start indoctrinating them. To this end, they have just ordered their first ever set of poly dice and I'm currently in the process of designing some dungeon tiles and cobbling together some simple rules suitable for a 4 and 2 year old.  Hopefully this will give me the impetus to do some more generic fantasy miniatures - including some more orcs.

So I would imagine that the next update from me is likely to be a test piece of dungeon tile but we shall see. 

3 comments:

  1. Start 'em young! I shall look forward to hearing some more about Iron Cross!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Should be having the first test this weekend, so keep your eyes peeled.

      Delete
  2. It didn't take you long to finish those off and I'm looking forward to the dungeon tile!

    ReplyDelete