Television is rather a frightening business. But I get all the relaxation I want from my collection of model soldiers.
Peter Cushing

Tuesday 8 March 2016

"..and Hell's comin' with me, ya hear? Hell's comin' with me!"

Continuing my current Wild West phase - and pardner, I gotta tell ya, there ain't nuthin' as restorative as watching Deadwood and paintin' some desperadoes - I've finished off the cacti:



I think they turned out well enough for something that cost me nothing. A useful bit of scatter terrain. 

I also slapped a bit of paint on those fearless lawmen out of Dodge, the Earp brothers.



A lovely set of sculpts from Artizan but with a touch more flash than I'm used to from them. But still an imposing trio I'm sure you'll agree.

Next up I have three more mercenary sonsabitches and some more scenery and this phase of the project is done. 

6 comments:

  1. The Earps and the cacti look good. Stuff like this "almost" tempts me to get into gaming the "wild west" in some form. I do like a good western movie, though (one of my favorites being The Magnificent Seven. I also like Rio Bravo and El Dorado (basically the same John Wayne movie with a different cast and other minor changes, and some of Eastwood's spaghetti westerns, just to name a few.)
    But I have more than enough other stuff on the go for now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I often struggle to think which of those is the best and then realise that I'm kidding no one - Dean Martin makes the difference. :)

      The reason I like Western stuff is that each figure is unique - there's non of the slog of unit painting. The numbers are small as well, so that's a big draw for me.

      Delete
  2. Its all looking good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Splendid job, I managed to let Deadwood slip by me, might be worth reinvestigating this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you want to see how swearing can be poetry, you owe to yourself to try it out.

      Delete