Television is rather a frightening business. But I get all the relaxation I want from my collection of model soldiers.
Peter Cushing

Tuesday 15 September 2015

Stormcrow

Just a quick update. Gandalf is pretty much finished - I've tidied up that scary eye since this was taken - and I'm rather happy with how he came out. 


The cave troll is almost done. My only regret with this chap is that I didn't tidy up the join lines on the hammer but he's certainly a decent tabletop standard. 


And I've started work on Balin's Tmb. The tricky thing here is how do you paint White Marble? Here you can see where I've drybrushed with a large brush to work some texture into the white. 




Shading and detailing to do this week. As always, decent photographs at the weekend when I have some light. 

I also think that the finished Gandalf shots might be the post that cracks 10k views which would be nice. 



2 comments:

  1. Looks good. Reminds me that I need to finish my fellowship as well...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know its the wrong colour marble effect, but is this blog link of any use

    http://wappellious.blogspot.co.uk/p/painting-marble-and-tile-flying-base.html

    ReplyDelete