Television is rather a frightening business. But I get all the relaxation I want from my collection of model soldiers.
Peter Cushing

Wednesday 16 September 2015

A slight digression for Dragon Rampant

this very evening, the Good Lady 'Er Indoors presented me with a wee gift. It turns out that the chap I bought all those Lord of the Rings miniatures off had something else at the back if his cupboard and it's a miniature I'd always coveted: the old metal carnosaur.

Now, as it happens, I've been thinking about Dragon Rampant, Dan Mersey's upcoming re-jig of the Lion Ramoant rules for Fantasy, and working out what I can field. As part of my 'evil' force I'll be bringing my old Dark Elf Cold One riders out of retirement.

In keeping with the lizard theme, then, the Carnosaur will make a fine steed for my general.

As it turns out, this one was also painted with a trowel. Before I begin stripping and painting it, I thought I'd share the pictures of this poor creature in its current, slathered state. It really is a lovely model and deserves better - I hope I can do a good job.



This last one really shows how thick the paint is. Sheesh. 


1 comment:

  1. Looking forward to seeing you nurse this one back to its shiny best.

    ReplyDelete