Television is rather a frightening business. But I get all the relaxation I want from my collection of model soldiers.
Peter Cushing

Saturday 25 April 2015

In Training

So in preparation for the new season, it looks like a couple of teams are getting themselves dressed. 

These are test pieces for colour schemes. Here we see Mrs West's as yet unnamed Orc team: 


The Black Orc blocker has a nice dark skin tone to help them stand out from their smaller teammates. The red sets this off well, but I've yet to decide on the accent colours. I'm waiting to see how the various washes and glazes dry before I decide. 


The bog standard lineman in the classic red Orc livery. I'm intending to keep the skin tones quite muted but will brighten up  the red to try and capture that Old School Eavy Metal look. Again, trim and accent yet to be decided although I'm quite temped to go with the classic black and white check. 

Here's the human test, working with the reliable blue and yellow combo with rich brown accents. 


Not only is it nice to get back to painting but painting this oldhammery goodness brings the happy memories flooding back. 

5 comments:

  1. Looking good.
    A favourite line up for an orc player I used to play against was 4x Black Orcs and 4x Blitzers, a thrower and then linesmen. My humans always used to get pasted, fast.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a brutal roster. I might suggest it to The Other Half.

      Delete
    2. I've used this too - its aggressive but I found it got boring after awhile with no Big Guy or yobbo option to keep opponents on their toes

      Delete
  2. Looking good. Definite 4 black orcs, 4 blitzers, the rest is window dressing :)

    ReplyDelete