Television is rather a frightening business. But I get all the relaxation I want from my collection of model soldiers.
Peter Cushing

Saturday 24 January 2015

Men At Work


It feels like an age since I've posted; the new term has been a nightmare.

There will be two posts today, this one showing what I've been doing with the Massive Birthday Haul and another showcasing a finished group of figures.




I love my job; it means that I'm never short of reference material lying around in cupboards.

So I've started the Lion Rampant project with a Unit of Men At Arms. The Perry plastics are glorious; it's so easy to get animation and character into the poses, straight out of the box. There are also lots of opportunities for conversion inherent in having two different boxes.

Here, then is the first Unit - built straight out of the box. As a good yorkshireman, these will be some variety of either Percy or Neville troops. Hopefully I will be able to start painting this week.



Secondly, I put together my first 4Ground model. The thatch still needs to be PVA'd to finish off but I am incredibly impressed with the overall look. I'll do a comparison with the Tabletop Workshop plastic later in the week.




5 comments:

  1. Very nice work on the house - I´ll be back to see the final result, and on the knights too..! Have fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by. I'm really looking forward to the knights.

      Delete
  2. Having a rotten term myself, but onwards and upwards - as they say. I do like 4Ground builds, not only do they look good, but a great fun to build too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I cannot wait for the day when we get out of special measures. I am drowning in paperwork and data which is seriously cutting into toy soldier and reading Flashman time.

      Delete
  3. A lovely building - great detail on it.
    I've Lion Rampant too and had thought about doing 15mm figures for it but have been put off by the fancy heraldry.

    ReplyDelete