Television is rather a frightening business. But I get all the relaxation I want from my collection of model soldiers.
Peter Cushing

Sunday 11 January 2015

Hibernation

Sorry for the long silence; reports and the joys of a new school term have seriously cut into hobby time. 

The first casualty has been my next vignette. That's going on to the back burner for the moment but I wanted to share the one thing that's been done for it:





The chances of anything coming from Mars are... Well, pretty good, actually. 

The Martian is sculpted and the tripod is designed. This and the four brave chaps will get popped into a drawer to be ressurected as and when. 

I'm trying to clear the decks of my Rohan chaps so here you can see them (and Theoden King - whose armour is a cast-iron, gold-plated sod to paint, incidentally) with their base coats:



And then with the final glaze on the cloaks. 


And why am I clearing the decks, dear reader? Next week I officially enter middle age as the clock rolls over to 40 and - if everything goes according to plan - I should have some new toys to play with. 

See you on the other side, chaps and chapesses. 

4 comments:

  1. It has certainly been a miserable start to the term and a very Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If it's any consolation I'm sure that the pupils are finding the new school term just as much a pain as all the teachers are.

    I'm hoping to post out the pre-game info. for my blog game the back end of this week - are you still able to play, can I ask please? There's no problem if you can't, or I can set your character on 'auto-pilot' until such a time as you can 'take the wheel', if you like?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, I'm looking forward to it. I just need to remember to send you the character info on Bad Luck McGill.

      Delete
    2. Bad Luck McGill - thanks, that's all the info. I need to work with, at the mo'.
      I'll be emailing each player their pre-game bits and bobs in the next few days.

      Delete